Welcome to EAT WITH PURPOSE, a site designed to bring together those who suffer from autoimmune illnesses. 

The purpose of the site is to allow individuals a forum where they’re able to share experiences from their autoimmune journey. 

To access the forum, 

1) click Q & A, 

To create a post, 

2) click add topic. 

Notifications
Clear all

Where do I start when it comes to healing naturally from Crohn's Disease & ulcerative colitis?

First, it is important to understand where we are in time. We are born into a certain period of time. Life is like a video game. Except we are being thrown into that video game midway through the mission. We need to be able to adapt to truly thrive. Once you have a better understanding of history, you will understand what modern lifestyle factors have been contributing to disease and obesity for the past 100 years or so. Check out this article to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. 

Second, go to the grocery store and begin looking at food labels (otherwise known as "ingredients" in products). You will quickly realize that there is a lot of unnecessary additives in most food products like vegetable oils, artificial flavors, food colorings, and refined sugar. These are not meant for human consumption. They were illegal and considered "toxic" prior to the late 1800s. I'm not saying the world is out to get you, but big companies thrive off the addiction of the people. It is up to you to be smart and avoid unhealthy additives/dyes. 

Third, lower carbohydrate intake dramatically and increase healthy fat intake. Reducing carbohydrate intake to roughly 50 to 150g daily will change your life for the better. Stick to low fiber, easily digestible carbs like low sugar berries and raw honey. If you want to eat vegetables, make sure they are cooked to minimize antinutrient content. Lowering carbs and upping the fat will help regulate the appetite and minimize sugar cravings/withdrawals. It can be difficult at first, but over time it will get easier. And you will feel incredible (better digestion, better focus, more energy). Healthy fats to incorporate include butter, ghee, tallow, coconut oil, eggs, fatty meat, etc (animal products). 

Fourth, temporarily eliminate plant compounds from your diet. Like animals, plants need to defend themselves. Since they don't have claws, they're defense is in the form of chemicals known as antinutrients. All plants have them. To name a few, wheat contains high amounts of gluten. Spinach contains high amounts of oxalates. And avocados contain salycilates. Our bodies have different responses to different plant compounds. Personally, I will break out and experience stomach cramps if I eat raw spinach. Try eliminating plant compounds for ONE week and post your experience below. 

Fifth, follow the 80/20 rule. To stay in remission for life, I follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of the foods I consume are animal foods and the remaining 20% are plant foods.  But with the plant foods, I made sure to do an elimination diet temporarily to help identify trigger foods. For me personally, I work well with olives, coconuts, avocados, berries, and raw honey. In small amounts, these plant foods cause zero adverse reactions and that is what you want if you're choosing to eat plants. For more detail regarding specific food choices, click here

And lastly, remember rule #1. Rule #1 serves as the backbone to my motivation. It helps me with my understanding of the world. Not everything you see in on tv or on the internet is true. Taking a look at history can help us decipher what is true and what is not. Once you know the truth, it can be incredibly motivating because you know something that the majority of the world doesn't know. You now have the ability to be healthy and to set an example for others. The point is... not to be dogmatic or loud about your dietary success, but to be an advocate for the truth. Eat with purpose.

This topic was modified 7 months ago by jacksingleton54
Quote
Topic starter Posted : 18/12/2020 9:48 am
Share: